- Customized forms and fields. Every hotelier can create a personalized book reservation form for customers to submit necessary information only (arrival and leaving dates, number of rooms, people in the group, extra services, etc).
- Real-time update of reservation status inside the IBS and all connected channels (when a hotel works with multiple booking platforms). That eliminates double booking and makes user experience so much better.
- Payment processing and generation of invoices. IBS provides connections with payment gateways that work with users’ credit cards to process online payments and ease the task for the hotelier. Some of them support different currencies, others convert money automatically. Invoice and documents can be generated and sent to guests’ email.
- Content management. To show their property at its best, hoteliers should post the photos, videos and all important details concerning the place (location, amenities, restaurants, available services, extra costs, etc). An IBS allows publishing all the data you think is crucial for guests. Many platforms allow creating maps and photo galleries.
- Notifications for both admins and customers. IBS can send automatic notifications to hoteliers when a reservation request is coming, or alert customers about upcoming trips, unpaid invoices, etc. That simplifies life for users. Messages can be sent via email or SMS or generated as push-ups in mobile apps (if an IBS has one).
- In-built messengers allow property owner and customers to communicate right on the website without exchanging contacts. This is one more way to arrange vacation efficiently and get all necessary information.
- Multi-language support is crucial for hotels targeting an international audience. Every more or less well-established booking engine does support several major languages. Unless you work with locals only, this feature is a must.
- Extra services. Car rentals, flight tickets, local tours – these are not less important things for vacation. Give guests the opportunity to order everything in one place, and enjoy ever-lasting positive impression. They will definitely enjoy such an experience.
Benefits Of IBE For Business
Online booking meaning cannot be overestimated: it saves time for both hoteliers and their guests. However, it’s not the only reason for you to consider leveraging web-based booking system in your business.
With an IBE, you may remove a large number of the extra expenses or commissions that you would have using regular reservation methods. For example, when you are attempting to book people on a flight without your own web booking engine, you will need to send those clients to a corresponding website where they will be bombarded with commercials, and, probably, even commission charges. Awful user experience, isn’t it?
This is significant in light of the fact that you can offer customers a better deal using your own web booking platform. No need to send them to another webpage – you can likewise use ads on your website.
Book flights throughout the day
Together with hotel booking, flight reservation on the web is crucial. Using a web booking engine with flight booking, you make vacation planning effortless for guests. They have a possibility to book a flight whenever it pleases them – that’s a serious advantage for your business. Research shows that most flights are reserved after 5 pm when people are home (and travel agencies are closed) dreaming about their vacation. Thus, by offering online flight booking, you boost the chances to attract guests.
Expand effectiveness by automation
IBEs help to make profit quicker by performing less work. Many aspects of booking have become automated: request submission, data, and rates update, notifications. If you value your time, you should do your best to automate customer touch points and aspects of reservation – your admins and guests will be truly grateful for it.
Gathering of information
Your internet booking platform will probably collect all the data that you need or want from a customer. Having all the information gathered together in one spot means two things. First, you will secure a booking and keep your customers’ documents on record. Secondly, the obtained data can be used for analysis and statistics – they drive business development enabling hoteliers to make informed decisions.
IBS excludes the danger of double bookings. Rather, it will only permit bookings if rooms are accessible. This eliminates the risk of confusion so you won’t need to check timetables or booking dates – no more human errors. Moreover, a great web booking engine will instantly update a reservation status when accommodation is booked. Such an approach is important for any business that cares about customers.
Online payment processing
IBS will likewise have the option to deal with your online payments, too. It not only helps lessen the load on your employees (they won’t need to work with receivables and cash them out in banks) but also makes the entire process safer. You won’t have to store checks in your office – a customer using his credit card doesn’t have to share extra personal data, too. Most booking systems support several currencies, so it’s convenient for both hotelier and guests, no matter where they come from.
What’s also incredible about online payments is that they generally incorporate a receipt. As with any ordinary exchange, your customers will get a receipt messaged to them via email, or the receipt will be shown on the installment screen once the transaction is finished. You can save it in your digital records, which will protect you in case of possible mistakes during the interaction with your client.
Are there any disadvantages?