Apartment rental websites are pretty easy to handle for both property owners and their guests. Here’s how it works:
- A property owner registers on a website and enters all of the applicable information about the lodging (rates, apartment photos and description, hot deals, and some extras), as well as the contacts. The more useful the data is the better: it will help to attract future guests.
- When the property gets listed on rental property websites, visitors can book it online. Interested visitors will book an apartment for a particular date dependent on its accessibility. That’s very convenient for guests! They don’t have to contact a property owner and can do a self-service in a couple of clicks.
- Once a guest reserves an apartment via a website, its availability dates are updated over all channels by the property’s channel manager software in a split second. In addition to the fact that this saves you time, it likewise essentially diminishes the danger of overbooking the apartment.
- Automatic email messages are sent to both the property owner and the guest. As a rule, they notify the proprietor about the new booking, and guests get the confirmation of their reservation if the booking was successful. A property owner can set the booking platforms to generate an automatic email reminder about the upcoming rental dates: it should welcome guests and show them that the host anticipates meeting them.
Additionally, an apartment rental website can sometimes grant a promo code or special offers for loyal customers. Guests can also leave their reviews about the property: that helps hosts to improve and customers – to make the right choices.
Thus, finding local houses for rent by owner becomes as easy as booking a hotel.
What is the role of the website in it?
Ask yourself “How to find apartments for rent by owner?” Your first idea would be to visit special platforms for rentals. Why? Because it can be safer than working with people directly.
A rental website serves as a mediator between hosts and guests: it guarantees that a property owner will get the payment, and the guest will get the desired accommodation. Rating system helps customers to make the right choice. At the same time, a host can check the guest’s rating and make sure the person can be handled the keys without problems.
For their services, apartment rental websites usually charge users a commission from 3 to 15%.
Why more people start using the best apartment search sites?
First and foremost, because it can be cheaper than dealing with hotels: you enjoy larger space with pretty much the same amenities except for catering and enjoy total freedom. Some services, for example, room cleaning, usually can be ordered from the host for a small additional cost.
However, the list of advantages isn’t restricted by price only. Many travellers, especially young ones, appreciate the chance to live like locals and get emerged into the local culture better. One can’t disagree that living in an apartment in a less touristic area means getting closer to the people who reside there and getting a better feeling of the place. Isn’t it a fantastic experience?
There’s one more thing worth mentioning. Some apartment providers offer guests the possibility to live in their house together with the host. Again, that means there’s someone to make you company and help you get “assimilated”. Afraid of unscrupulous hosts? Make sure to check guests’ feedback on the booking platform, and check the property rating.
Top-5 best apartment websites 2019
Let’s observe some of the best established rental websites that gained a good reputation.
1. Airbnb: The Industry Pioneer