FlipKey is TripAdvisor’s endeavor at breaking into the vacation rental market. With more than 150,000 apartments in 7,000 places around the world, it has many postings in the US, European countries, and South America (Mexico and Brazil), with Florida, Italy and Rio de Janeiro being some of the most mainstream. Customers can search by cost, available deals, property type, and other filters, and their “My Pick” feature enables visitors to make several choices and compare them.
The customer reviews that drive TripAdvisor’s prosperity likewise show up here. FlipKey claims to be “the biggest collection of checked and trusted visitor reviews in the business” and commentators are permitted to send their own photos. When you discover something you like, contact the host for the rental agreement, which spells out all costs and policies, before paying either with Visa, PayPal or other available payment system.
- Low booking fee of 3%;
- Listing is placed on both FlipKey and TripAdvisor;
- Good amount of reviews;
- Convenient interface;
- 24/7 customer support.
- The amount of listings in some places can be bigger;
- The low booking fee is offset by high service fees, so the apartment might appear to be costly.
6. Plum Guide: The site for guaranteed quality*
Founded in 2016, Plum Guide has one sole aim – to promise guests a luxurious stay, every single time. With properties all over the world, Plum Guide boasts an ever-growing collection of only the finest vacation rentals around. In order to be accepted onto the site, a property must fall within the top 3% of homes in its location, with all Plum rentals being put through 3 rounds of vigorous testing. The tested criteria ranges from Wifi speed to a home’s design, so no stone is left unturned.
Of course, such a high benchmark means the pool of homes is slightly smaller than on other sites, but removing the paradox of travel is Plum’s whole idea. A smaller selection of unwaveringly impressive homes makes the decision process simpler for holidayers. And with a dedicated team of experts on standby 24/7 to assist in any way they can, customers can book with complete confidence.
- Holiday homes are guaranteed to be high-quality
- Hosts are verified and approved
- 24/7 customer service
- Allows guests to search with a wide range of filters
- Collection of homes is slightly smaller than other sites
- There is no mobile app at the time of writing
*Information provided by Plum Guide.
When to use apartment sites for renters?
So, why and when travellers can use top apartment rental sites? It’s a good idea for people willing to save on accommodation, especially the ones who can easily do without such amenities as breakfast delivered to the room, daily cleaning, and so on.
Once they book apartments online, many travellers start preferring this option. Why?
- It’s a great possibility to get acquainted with the locals and their culture.
- Welcoming hosts who will make you company. Some even prepare breakfast and can take you to show the neighborhood. They possess insider knowledge and can tell you where are the best restaurants, tours, etc.
- You can save on food since most lodgings feature a kitchen, and supermarkets are likely to be found around the corner.
- A myriad of apartments is available, especially in large cities. That means you can easily figure out accommodation in a perfect location. It’s easy when you’ve got apartment rental websites at your disposal!
Apartment rental website can be a good option for travellers to consider regardless of destination. They allow having more space at your disposal and can even cost less than a hotel. Besides, it’s a great opportunity to taste the local culture and discover some less touristic areas.
With the list of some of the best apartment reservation websites in mind you can make the right choice to organize the trip of your dream.