RITZ PARIS recently spent whopping €400 million on remodeling, and a solid share of this money was poured in updating their hotel website design. The result is fascinating! The homepage presents all necessary elements at once, revealing the hotel’s beauties and allowing prospects to make a reservation in a couple of clicks. As you browse through the whole site, you will be amazed by how the web professionals managed to place all content in a simple and artistic way. The website showcases a carousel of fabulous photographs in its layout. A great choice of fonts adds even more royalty to an already noble and alluring design.
Thanks to web-programmers who created this masterpiece, the website is utterly mobile optimized: it instantly adjusts to the screen size and includes all the functionality of the desktop version including the site menu and the BOOK NOW option. Multi-language interface saves lookers from a necessity to translate the entire content on their own.
The website also has Google maps integration so that clients will easily find the property.
How Do Hotels Get Their Website Designs?
The best hotel website design is the one which ensures high conversion rates by making visitors spend more time exploring.
For today, there are main 4 ways to obtain a website for a hotel/resort/motel.
Ask professionals to develop a website
It is the simplest and most effective method to acquire an amazing hotel website. You appeal to a reputable web studio and tell them your demands concerning a future hotel website. You describe your ideal vision of a site, and the specialists will say how much it will cost and how long the hotel website development and launch will take.
Advantages of ordering a great hotel website at professional webmasters are obvious:
- You do not have to rack your brains about how to create, implement, promote, maintain, and update your Internet site.
- Since being designed by versed professionals, the website will be error-free and will work smoothly on any devices.
- You will not waste your time on perfecting the hotel website design and making it more competitive.
- The final result will embody your vision. If it does not, webmasters will continue improving the website design until it fully meets your expectations.
- Professional website developers not only help you build a flourishing business but always provide a full range of the follow-up services, including the site maintenance, update, as well as the detection and elimination of inefficiencies.
Buy a ready-made hotel website
In this scenario, you do not have your website developed from scratch but, instead, buy an already functioning online platform. You can do so either by:
- searching for an appropriate site on your own, contacting its owner, buying the site, and redesigning it at your pleasure, or
- by going to special online marketplaces trading ready-made websites and picking up the one which appeals to you most.
Major drawbacks behind these methods of getting a nice hotel website design are:
- You waste a lot of your precious time searching, negotiating, redesigning, and other related issues;
- You need web development knowledge to remodel a website for your specific needs;
- There are many scammers out there;
- Your choice is limited by the selection of the ready-made sites.
However, there are some positive moments about buying an already existing hotel website. Such as the site has already been indexed by search engines, it is already functioning and has unique content. The only thing left for you is to maintain and further promote your hotel website, which is quite a challenge.
Use hosting services with inbuilt site builders
Website hosting can be free and paid.
Free hosting services generally come with site builder tools so that anyone can develop a simple hotel website design after creating an account on such a hosting platform. The service will provide you with a re-configured hotel website template which you then stuff with your texts, images, and other elements.
The greatest (and sole) advantage of such site builders is that they are free of charge.
But their disadvantages are extensive:
- The limited capacity of free hosting services. They offer minimum space on the server’s hard disk and minimum ram memory, while they do not afford an opportunity to connect databases and own scripts, etc. In other words, the performance of a hotel website developed on the base of such a service will be very restricted.
- Unwanted advertisements. Practically all free website hosting services add their own ads to their users’ sites. And these ads are displayed at the website foreground. You will have to pay a fortune to remove these annoying ads from your hotel website design.
- Hackneyed website designs. Free hosting platforms provide a very limited number of website templates to choose from. It means that you will not be able to develop a unique hotel website design if you utilize a free site builder. Surely, you still can customize it somehow, provided you have a knack for web programming.
- Free hosting platforms are not responsible for your hotel website. If something happens to your site, it will be a non-recoverable loss. Free hosting services generally do not come with backup systems, meaning, the safety and performance of your hotel website are always compromised.
Paid web hosting services also come with site builder tools but their functionality is much broader. The key advantage of such platforms is that they provide unlimited technical capabilities in creating a great hotel website design.
Still, you will have to do everything on your own, wasting time and efforts on learning the basics of web programming and building the site the way you envision it, not to mention the time which you will spend on detecting and correcting the errors in a case your hotel website does not work or lags.
Develop a hotel website design by yourself from scratch
This method allows you totally free rein in developing one-of-a-kind hotel website design. Your site can look and function as you like, anywhere! No restrictions, everything is in your hands and under your control! It is the major plus of this approach.
But there are some drawbacks, too:
- It is time and effort-consuming;
- You need to have a good command of web programming languages;
- You need to learn how to maintain, update, and refine your site afterward;
- Promoting and advertising your hotel website will be quite a baffling problem if you are not very good at online marketing science.
Apparently, only highly-qualified web developers can engineer an admirable and durable hotel website that will attract prospects and retain existing clients, thus helping a brand to strengthen their positions at the market and multiply profits.